Wednesday, November 26, 2008

July the 4th II: The Aftermath to Lenny's

As I neared the top of the shrubbery, I heard a snap. With catatonic reflex, I grabbed ahold of another limb to support my drunken ascent.

The leaves. The sky. The lawn below. They all blurred as a gracefully fell like a ballerina dancing over a gorge. I should have had stitches, or at least been taken to a nearby Grady rent-a-doctor. I should be paralyzed and going to lecture halls, warning indifferent students about the dangers or drinking and climbing.

Fortunately, the recycling bin broke my fall.

As I cleaned myself up from the mess of trash and broken branches, everyone kept swilling from the same bottle of intoxicating rum. And because of my wounds, or because I was the unofficial king of the party, but I ended up with the last 4th of the bottle, which would cause much carnage later.


Lenny's is in the strip mall at Boulevard and Dekalb Ave/Marietta St. It used to be 2 stores, but they knocked down the wall and made it one big basement venue. To compensate for the lack of architecture and decoration, they set up a makeshift patio on the outside. As a perimeter, they setup posts cemented into buckets, all strung together with flimsy-ass yellow rope.

TBC...

No comments: